The National Seminar on “Economic Participation of Women – New Age Challenges and Opportunities” organized by ATMA Foundation on 9th March 2018 Thrissur at Hotel Pearl Regency, was attended by over 150 women delegates from different walks of life.
The seminar sessions were guided by an expert faculty panel consisting of
- T P Sethumadhavan, Director, UL Education,
- Sri G S Prakash, Deputy Director, MSME
- Deepa S Pillai, ASSt. General Manager, NABARD
- Sri C K Suresh, Director, ATMA Foundation
- Adarsh P Dayal, District Program Manager, Kudumbasree
- Sri Ramachandran V R, Financial Counsellor
- SmithaKeeran, counselor, Christ University, Bangalore
There was a panel interaction with Dr. Mary Antony, Entrepreneur and Trainer, Dr.SabithaKrishnamoorthy, Consultant General Physician, and Smt. SujathaWarrier, Freelance Writer.
The sessions were chaired by Dr. Julie P Lazar, HOD Ecnomics, St. Marys College, Thrissur, Smt. Radhika Krishnan, Trustee of ATMA Foundation, Dr. Linda Mary Simon, Principal, ELIMS Thrissur and Ms ParvathyGanesan, Teacher and Social Worker
In the feedback session, many participants gave positive comments. Many had been inspired to look for innovative career options that would satisfy their financial and creative aspirations, while fitting into their time and energy constraints. The participants also felt that they had gained more knowledge and confidence from the seminar.